What you need:
2. Shop vac dust and wipe surface down with rag dampened in mineral spirits.
3. Paint surface with Sherwin Williams Proclassic Dorian Gray. Allow to dry.
4. Sand surface with 220 removing paint on edges and around knots and imperfections.
5. Sand the edges only where paint has already been removed with 120 grit sandpaper. This opens the wood and allows stain to penetrate darker.
6. Run Minwax special walnut stain along edges on bare wood with paper towel. Wipe off with clean paper towel.
7. Lightly sand painted area again to remove some of the stain.
8. Cake on antiquing wax to corners and knots. Spread with brush and wipe off excess with paper towel.
9. Continue layering until you have achieved your desired antique look.