Tools you need for this project:
clamps - at least 2 but the more the merrier!
4-8' pipe clamp (depends on your table length) purchase 3/4" pipe in the needed length lat your local hardware store
1/4" upspiral router bit
1/4" drill bit
hand plane - if needed
2. Subtract the width of your breadboard ends from the table top length and add 2". My breadboards are 5 1/2 wide so my long boards are going to be 33. (42-11+2).
3. Create a 1" tenon on each end of your long boards. See how here.
5. Attach breadboard and clamp tight to the table.
6. Flip your table top over so that you see the underside.
8. Remove the breadboard and slightly widen each hole by reinserting your drill bit and slightly rocking it left and right.
10. Insert 1/4 x 1" dowel pins. Use a handsaw to cut off the top flush to the table.
11. Flip table back over. Use a hand plane to smooth out the table tops anywhere the table didn't join flush.
12. Apply finish. For the finish pictured above, click here.